We offer a service of consulting for starting African community based ecotourism projects. The aim is to support technically these communities who are looking for expertise. Support is given by ways of training sessions, in order to transfer skills that are missing.
We help them structure their project in order to create additional revenues with ecotourism.
- Field study
- Diagnostic of project contexts
- Creation of, followed by collaboration with, local managerial committees
- Definition of thematic ecotourism-based tours
- Creation of suitable home-stay structures
- Hosting and greeting training
- Training on hygiene, waste treatment, reforestation etc.
- Advice on fair allocation of the revenues generated by tourism
- Support to traditional activities as well as local handicrafts
- Promotion of local culture (music, dance, traditional healing treatments etc.)
"Tourism is like fire: it can warm up the home, but it can also burn down the house" - Asian saying
The NGO Eco-Bénin (Benin Ecotourism Concern) aims to promote human development on local and national levels, enhancing natural resources to promote ecotourism and ecodevelopment.
This NGO has been intermediating for several years within different communities in Benin, and this is how they were contacted in 2009 by Co.Ci.Ta (Conservatoire de la Civilasation Tanéka) in order to starts a new project in the village of Tanéka Béri, up north. The projet aimed to provide technical support to the local communities so they could organize themselves into local committees, in order to create additional sources of revenue during the dry season, via ecotourism.
I worked on this project for 6 months in 2010 and my goal was to launch this community-based tourism project in Tanéka Beri.
I carry on working with Eco-Bénin on project of development and training sessions in Benin.